Thursday, January 17, 2008

Election 2008

 I'd like to address, as a segway mostly, a "fiery" conversation I found myself in the midst of earlier today. I do not intend to vote in the upcoming Presidential election. The election, our countries leadership, is indeed extremely important. However, is my involvement, given the circumstances which I will discuss shortly, also "extremely important"? I'm a person who stands on solid rock of belief, faith, hope, and Love. I stand up for what I believe, I seek to defend what I believe. I believe, then, that our leadership is important, and I do not seek to encourage political apathy. I believe, then, that my vote is powerful, and that, however small, it DOES make a difference. Look at the chads, right? My vote does make a difference, and so, that is precisely why I intend to exercise my right to NOT vote in the upcoming election. Many candidates are good, but none of them are "good enough." If I vote, I WILL vote for someone who's leadership I do NOT respect or endorse, so why would I endorse him/her? So that covers the "voting" in the title up there.

Let's dialogue about, though. If you think I matter, you'll try to convince me to vote and you may even "convert me."